1. Routinely clean your Quartz counter tops with a soft white cloth and a mild detergent. Make sure this detergent is non-bleach and non-abrasive.
2. Wipe up liquids as soon as possible. Quartz is resistant to stains from spills such as fruit juice, tea, or coffee, but is not stain proof.
3. No wax or polish is necessary to keep your counter top shining. Quartz is non-porous and does not require sealants or waxes.
4. Use a glass or surface cleaner and a non-abrasive sponge to clean up dried on or heavy stains. You can use sponges that are made for non-stick pans. For deeper cleaning, spray a generous amount of surface cleaner over your counters, leave for 10 minutes and then wipe away with a non-scratch sponge or cloth.
5. Scrape away gum, grease, paint etc. with a plastic putty knife.
6. Use a degreasing cleanser to clean tough grease. Rinse immediately with clear water after cleaning.
7. Remove ink or permanent marker with an oil based cleaner such as Goo Gone. Rinse with warm water immediately after stain is removed.
1. Place a trivet or hot pad below hot pans, crock pots, electric skillets etc. Although Quartz is heat resistant, it is not heat proof. It can be damaged by prolonged exposure to high heat or by quick changes in temperature, known as "thermal shock."
2. Avoid using knives directly on surface. Quartz is scratch resistant, but no counter top surface is completely scratch proof. Use a cutting board to avoid damage to your counter tops or knives.
3. Avoid cleaning or exposing counters to highly acidic or alkaline cleaners such as nail polish remover, turpentine, oven cleaner, bleach, drain cleaners, and dish washer rinse agents. If contact should occur, rinse immediately with clear water.
4. Avoid pressure or force on your countertops, as it can chip the stone, especially near edges. Dropping objects onto the counter can cause the object to break, or the counter to chip, or both.
Quartz, overall, is very low maintenance. It is made from one of the hardest minerals on earth, and is arguably the most durable of counter top options.